Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My response to kindess

From time to time someone I know will come along & send me a lengthy text. Within that text will be words of gratitude & love because I sparked something in them; hope, inspiration, ideas. And when I receive these types of things I never know how to respond & I'm trying to figure out why that is. I'm saying this on a very serious level. I will usually just look at it & feel something but not respond. I've never been able to take a compliment so I know that has to do with it. If I receive one in person I just stutter & smile & respond with a simple "thank you", I like your face. I think it's because I'm a bit more self-conscious about the things I say now than I have before. When I talk or text, I can respond with a butt-load of things. And a lot of the times I feel like people don't want to hear it so I minimize my response or opinion to things. I know when people are tuned in to what I have to say and when they don't. But it doesn't make sense to me why I choose to reply so poorly to a lengthy text praising me & thanking me when obviously they would appreciate something like that from me. I'm weird. K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment